I talk about food a lot. And other stuff.

But mostly food.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Virginia and Tacos at U of M

I made tacos for my family tonight.

When I was in college, I dated someone with what I'll politely call a limited palate.  It mostly consisted of Cheez-its, Coke, plain hamburgers and, every week, tacos.  We made tacos every Thursday and watched Star Trek: The Next Generation.  To this day, I can't cook them without hearing the ST:TNG theme song in my head.  

What foods have specific memories for you?

1 comment:

  1. I grew up in an extremely segregated neighborhood so access to "international" food was extremely limited. I was 10 or 11 before I ever even heard of tacos. My teenage cousin from Texas made us some when she came to visit one summer. She was my hero!

    ReplyDelete