I talk about food a lot. And other stuff.

But mostly food.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Secret Ingredient

I made pot roast again. Rainbow Foods keeps having this amazing promo
where you buy the meat and they give you a pound of carrots, a package
of celery and a five pound bag of potatoes for free. I can't not get it.
This time, however, in addition to the great deal of red wine, pinch
of boullion crystals, tomato paste, leeks and carrots, I added about a
tsp of Cocoa Powder to the sauce. It's amazing and I feel like a genius.


Sent from my iPhone - please forgive typos.

2 comments:

  1. That's such a great deal! And what a good idea about the cocoa powder. Next time I make pot roast, I'm going to try it. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying to resist that special... Not sure I can anymore!

    I admit, I'm most successful with my roasts in a crock pot (meat and veggies, packet of onion soup mix and a can of non-diet cola).

    Love your blog and read every day so I'm a fan of your February.

    ReplyDelete