I talk about food a lot. And other stuff.

But mostly food.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

I'm a sucker.

At the market the other day, I saw a great deal!  Buy two pounds of Land o' Lakes Light Butter and get a FREE dozen Land o' Lakes eggs.  Well, needing both butter AND eggs on this trip, and having Land o' Lakes be my favorite kind of butter, I thought, "Wow!  What a great thing!  AND I'll get to try this Light Butter....  I know I don't like margarine, but this says Light Butter, and it's made by Land o' Lakes, so it's probably not going to be wet and horrible like margarine, and HEY! I get free eggs!"

Well.  I took it home and tried it.


I was WRONG.
Now that I've gone back and gotten real butter, what do I do with this!?  Can you return butter to the store?

3 comments:

  1. Is there a "let us know it's yucky" phone number on the side of the box? I'd call it if I were you. I suggest that mainly because I've never tried it and I'd love to know what happens!

    Beautiful Mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww you're not a sucker! You have a sense of adventure... :)

    I wonder how it's "light"? Is it a butter/ "hydrogenated" or "partially hydrogenated" blend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought that on accident once. Hated it! The remnants are still in my freezer. If you come up with a good use for it, please post!

    ReplyDelete