I talk about food a lot. And other stuff.

But mostly food.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Happy Little Bites

I love appetizers.  I love making them.  I love serving them.  I love ordering a bunch of them an calling it dinner in restaurants.

Here's a little bite I learned from a Mom in my daughter's preschool class last year.  She brought these (or something like them) to our end-of-year potluck, and I had to try them myself.  I have no real recipe, only my memory and some experimentation.

Chilled Grapes with Blue-Cheese and Pistachios

Bunch of green grapes
4 oz cream cheese
4 oz blue cheese crumbles
1 TBS port
pistachios, chopped fine


Chill grapes in the back of the fridge or freezer

Blend/mix cream cheese, blue cheese and port til smooth and creamy.




Spread mixture on grapes with a spatula, then roll it in pistachios.






Try not to eat them all before your guests come.  Also, Keep Well Chilled while serving.





PLEASE tell me your favorite little bite you make.  Link it if you're able.  I feel a housewarming party in my near future, and want some great new apps.  Thanks!



2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I LOVE making party apps!

    Last night I did brandy-soaked dried figs & ricotta on crostini. Drizzle with some honey and stick in a 300-350 oven for 6-8 minutes.

    Others...

    Prosciutto wrapped asparagus:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/slackmistress/4165390622/in/set-72157622826830285/
    (Blanch asaparagus for 2-3 mins, then let cool/dry and wrap, put in 400 degree oven for 7-10 mins.

    Bacon wrapped chicken (it's on the Food Network site) or dates. SO DELISH.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/slackmistress/4453245212/in/set-72157623668000542/

    Mini Caprese (my own invention, although I'm sure others have thought about it besides me!)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/slackmistress/581390049/in/set-72157594153465196/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my mouth is watering! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete