I talk about food a lot. And other stuff.

But mostly food.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sammiches for Dinner


I actually made something according to the recipe! I didn't change a thing.  Can you believe it?  Yeah, me either.  I had my doubts about the amount of parsley, but it turned out really well.  I also thought about upping the amount of couscous, but again, the proportion was great.  I think next time I'll seed the tomato, as the result was a leaky wrap, and I'd put the remaining parsley mixture in the couscous before cooking the chicken so it has time to soak into the couscous a little.

We had this for dinner one night.  It was really light and fresh and delicious.  As is often the case, this made three portions for us, not four, but because it's so light, I don't even feel bad about eating one and a half portions.  This is going to become one of our staples this summer.  The kids loved it, and it's great for leftover chicken.  Bet it would work great with tofu, too. 
Click here for EatingWell's Mediterranean Wrap recipe.











3 comments:

  1. Looks super yummy. Is that a lot of vitamin C for a sandwich. If so that's a good way to sneak in vitamins !

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I love anything Mediterranean and we are always making wraps in the house... Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made mine with a two parts chicken to one part pork because I didn't have enough chicken but my husband liked the texture difference between the two. Apparently he finds chicken boring.

    I'm wondering if a little bit of greek yogurt added to the couscous/parsley mixture wouldn't be good too. Though it might make it too runny.

    ReplyDelete